Sunday 30 December 2012

Persevering in love

There is a great danger when at some point you start thinking that others are weird, strange people. Comparing to whom?! To you? Today, I caught myself having this kind of thought in my head when I was in the movie with one of my co-workers. To my eyes, she was acting strange, being over polite, it didn't feel real, sincere, it felt like an act. But was that really an act? Sometimes we take our belief, our assumption and make it a reality, when truly that is not the actual reality. I have a suspicion that it mostly happens to us, women. Sometimes we just want to believe what we see about it, and not to consider what we actually see. And because I am a woman, I believe that there are others who have the same difficulty of letting go my own understanding and just accepting what it is or maybe thinking what can be done to change the whole situation without getting emotional, without over-analysing it, without all these what-ifs. So, here I am sitting and struggling with my own mind, and maybe even woman-nature. I guess, I am one of these people from Perfect land (see Mark Gungor for that:)) who loves so much that they want to fix everyone, and so tell them what is wrong with them... Or simply see what is wrong without even a hint of thought that maybe it seems wrong just to me. It's like I'm thinking that everyone should be as perfect as me!!! What a horror movie that it!!! And so, not long ago, I started learning the art of encouragement, letting others be who they are and telling them about what would be good to be changed in a loving and kind way. Lord is just killing my flesh with no mercy at all. And I am the land who suffers the war. I'm constantly nudged to be silent, to keep my words to myself, and not to be reactive.  It is a good road that I'm walking, but it's like walking the road which is slightly mounting. On such a road you get tired very quickly. And very soon you feel the temptation to turn around and walk down the hill simply because it's so much easier. So I'm praying that God would give me strength to withstand till the end - till the top of the mountain...

... but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
(Matthew 24:13)

No comments: