Saturday 22 December 2012

3 Days to Christmas

Unusual ending of the year, and the start of the next one will be hectic and on the road. Plans, schedules, and anticipation of peace and rest. Thinking of the One who would wake me up at 4:50 am last couple of  nights, I guess, just to talk to me and have my attention. He has been my faithful companion through the desert in my soul this year showing me the way through complex woods of feelings towards the conscious decision about following Him, helping me to understanding that only He matters and is my life, my living water. I know everything is possible when He is with me, the One who couple of thousand years ago was born in the most unlikely places for geniuses, kings, or any other men of power. In a manger. His story tells me that He is about everyday situations, about our daily lives, about our routines. That it matters to Him more than burnt offerings, more than religious acts of worship, because true worship for Him is our daily reliance on Him and pursue of His perfect will for us. And in the midst of all the worries of the world, I find myself wanting nothing else and nothing less, but His will be done unto my life as it is in heaven. One more step towards the Kingdom-based life. Kingdom of heaven is like:
  • the landowner...
  • the mustard seed...
  • the net...
  • the yeast...
  • the owner of the house...
  • the treasure...
  • a merchant...
  • a king...
  • a man sowing...
  • ten virgins...
  • a man going on a trip...
It's not about the place. It's about becoming a person with a certain lifestyle: devoted to the one who is the King of this Kingdom, living according to His principles, seeking to please Him not in a trying-to-buy-His-love way, but rather in a not-wanting-to-upset-His-heart-because-I-love-Him manner. You don't do wrong to the One you say you love. And today, more than in any other day of my walk with Him I can say I love Him. I want to stay at His feet. And so I stay... Here. With Him. This Christmas. Celebrating His birthday. And I feel liberated.

No comments: