Monday 18 June 2012

Faith, Hope and Love

To have faith in God is not an easy task. You have to trust someone you don't see, and believe He is good and wants the best for your life even if things at the moment are not going really to a "good" direction. It always seems that the way I see it and foresee it is much better and more obvious. Still... there are situations when you don't know how it will go if it goes your way. There is no assurance that you will definitely have things the way you imagined or strategized... I wonder if you can "strategize" things at all in the matter like this - I mean, relationship. You start having hope that somehow it will turn out well... even if things don't seem to even go that way. How do you check if the person actually thinks of you or does actually feel something? I mean, I'm a girl and have certain assumptions, hypothesis on how the guy should show whether he is interested. I really have this problem now about figuring out what is going on and... if anything is going on. I'd like to think that it is... but as some one from "Pride and Prejudice" said, 'If he liked you you would have to talk to him.' Maybe I hope for something that' not there - a particular person to act the way I imagine he should. And here I stop. Understanding that I might just be in love with him cause I don't want to daydream about him. I want to wait until he comes (if he comes) back. Wait with hope. And even if this is not to happen, I know that it was the most enriching experience for me God gave me in my life up till now. And it is really difficult to let it go, because it actually might be very real that it was one time in a life time that we met. How do you stay sane when you get divided with someone you tied yourself to by thousands of miles with no assurance that you meet someday? How do you go on? How do you find strength to wake up with the hope and belief that it's worth to get you butt out of bed and do something useful? Only by faith. Faith in God, that He has something more in store than your eyes can see and you mind can think of. Unto that I hold even though it might seem stupid to someone... I think it is romantic :)

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
(Hebrews 11:1)

No comments: