Thursday 22 March 2012

A New Road to Be Taken

I see I haven't written in a while, but is to be shared without the doubt for me. I'm too excited about God actually working in my life.
He has shown me the doors, I entered... Why such a big deal? Well, to let you know a bit about me, I have to say I am a kind of person who is very much into deciding how God will/should work out things He shows to me:) I mean, He says, 'Kristina, this is the road.' and I would rush in and take my own direction and decide on my own what needs to be done. This time it's different - I'm learning one step at a time. And that one step be taken together with God and on His timing. I'm kind of re-living the words of God told to the church of Philadelphia, 'These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.' God said, He knows how to bring it to pass. And for me it is really a challenge not to start fussing around worrying what to do, or instructing and suggesting God with the ideas how it should look like, but let Him open the doors and show the direction. For me it is a new experience. So... What is that new road?
It looks a lot that situation of my country in terms of human trafficking has caught God's eye, and He stirred up my heart on that as well. I know that Lithuania is one of the top countries where this issue is very sore. So, God stirred up my heart at Colour 2011 and I had a thought what could I do? I'm all alone, who else cares? The nugde got lost in thousands of other daily cares. January 2012 came, and again - PASSION 2012 livestream. This time it hit harder. God reminded how close to the whole thing I was myself.  After a while I had a reminder from the movie "Lord of the Rings" where Galadriel told Frodo a golden statement, 'Even the smallest person can change the course of events' or something like this. Being a busy person I started to think twice on any new activity I am taking up. So it was this time. But you know how it is when you know that you kind of have made a decision, but you are trying to find an excuse not to take it up? It feels like you are walking with a mirror in front of you in which you see that something is wrong on your face - you never walk properly cause you cannot look straight. So, I signed up for an abolotionist at A21, contacted it for more information, and they came back with a permission to use their material at the women conference that we were about to have in a month or so. Then, I planned the kind of big presentation for that even with videos and lots of information. Challenge: 2 days before the event the coordinator called and said it was too sad for an inspiration day, and maybe I should just do a short call for prayer and that's it. That just took my energy out. I thought to myself, 'Don't they see it as a problem? This is serious stuff, and actually this could be an inspiration for women to get involved in something that really matters!' As you might have guessed, I became a complainer. That Thursday was actually a breakthough line in my understanding about Satan's atacks, how he discourages people. Suddenly, I understood that he was playing with my pride and feelings of unadequacy. God helped me to get myself together and do what I can in that situation - I prepared a small leaflet with some of the info on the issue and a prayer guide, called for prayer during the event, prayed and invited to take these leaflets back home to the churches, inform women to pray for our people to get rescued from the bondage of modern slavery, especially girls who have been trafficked into sex slavery. In that event I met an American missionary ministering in Ukraine, and when we talked a bit she mentioned she had some contacts in Moldova - organizations who were doing some training. After the event,  I got involved in volunteering for translation of the material, got in contact with people who actually worked in the field - it's amazing what Facebook can do here! God continues to bring people into my life who has stories of their own, or who are interested and see the need for more involvement in this. What He keeps telling me is that it's His job to organize everything. All that He wants me to do is to be a vessel available for Him to use in the right moment and in a right time. And more - it is not about me... It's all about Him, and for Him, and through Him. I can do everything through the one who strengthens me (Phillipians 4:13) May the Lord God be praised for all the mighty works He has done and keeps doing!

No comments: