Tuesday 27 November 2007

Changes knock at the door

The time has come... for something more than just sitting on your comfy sofa, thinking peacefully about something to be changed. It knocks, it invites. Why it?! It is He who speaks with His word which is so alive even if it was spoken ages ago. Today I read: "I let you choose the way of life and the way of death" (Jer 21:8). It sounds really strange for me at the moment when he says to me: "Surrender! And I will save you." And this speaks to my heart so strongly. It is not jumping from fear, it stays in peace when hearing these words, and this tells me that it is true, and that this comes from the Lord. If it was my decision I'd rather stayed with what I'm in, and would struggle to fight with something that is not for my strength, and that is not my fight. Sometimes we strive to change the the whole world just with our strength, and stop hearing Lord's voice telling us to do other things. We so often fight the fight that is not ours, and then we wonder why God turns away and doesn't bless... Sometimes walking with God is just like walking on water with waves under your feet, but as one song sings "at Your word, Lord, I'll receive Your faith to walk on oceans deep." I know, I have to do what I have to do, and first of all trust His word and promise, and walk on this water...

No comments: