Tuesday 16 October 2007

God of trust

I just wanted to share my recent experiences of trusting God in everyday situations. And a question popped out in my mind: how many times God said to His people, "I will take care of you" in one or another way? He showed it and was repeating this over and over. Glory to Him for this patience with us! Sometimes we really trust our Lord too little. I remember Peter walking on water towards Jesus. Our faith vanishes with even a small rippling in our comfortable life... It is amazing to watch other, and myself at some point, trying to control all situation of their lives. We get stressful, sad, worried, doubting about so many things, that are not going the way we imagined them to be. We forget that it is not our hands who are our provider. On Thursday I interpreted during an evening service in one church, and the pastor spoke on being in the desert. Things that he told, moments of that exodus of Israel that he mentioned... they were so strongly speaking to my current state, current situation. God reminded how He took care of me in the difficult times of my life, how He provided me. I don't remember how that was at that time, to tell the truth... I just know that He did took care of me, provided me with everything I needed. He is doing the same at the moment as well. Just me... I don't give Him proper gratitude... and trust. When you begin to feel confident in your situation, and start thinking that it is your work, your skills, qualification, knowledge earns you provision, then you start drowning, because you are not putting your faith on the One who is actually the only able to keep you above the water. I unerstood that this morning: Sunday morning in my office when I was trying to figure out if I a not falling into sin with going to work on things I haven't finished through the week... What does it mean to celebrate the sabath? Sometimes I don't know if that should be just an visual celebration or inner. I just know that I have to do my work because otherwise that will be concidered irresponsibility even by our Lord. I remember Christ healing on Sabath, doing good deeds on that day and saying that His Father is still working... I know He will answer this question for me, and if I do wrong I will have my punishment. Still in this furious time of my life when it seems that the week is gone in 5 minutes, and you remember only Monday and Friday with the rest of the days dropped out from your mind, I know that He knows it, sees it, and wants to come to help me... I know I have no control of the next week's things, and I am really nervous, my mind freaks out when I think about tasks I will have to manage, but... My heart has peace... When I think about my decision I have made in my mind, I feel peace though my flesh tries to keep me back. This is really amazing when you can laugh even in the midst of all the wordly worries. You have peace, and you work in peace, and you ake decisions in peace, because you know that God is here for you:) And the evil thoughts that we bother Him with our prayers, and asking for help should be cast away... Far far away. He showed what His love for us and everyhting is. And this is a BIG LOVE painted with blood on the cross.

No comments: